January 14, 2010 from 4:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Akron/Cuyahoga Falls 1989 Front Street
Cuyahoga Falls, OH 4422Job Seeker Registration Vendor Registration
This the first event of its kind in this region! Jobseekers MUST be regitered to attend, and will receive free resume critAt last, an event BETTER than as job fair for determining Where are The Jobs? This event features a panel of distinguished North East Ohio business professionals and businesses that promises to create meaningful showcase of where the jobs are and valuable jobseeker sessions:
* "Discovering Your Powerful Presence"
* "Navigate Job Boards Successfully"
* Job Networking Tips & Techniques for the Future
* Social Media Ins & Outs
* Skills for the 21st Century Job Market
NORTH EAST OHIO SIGNIFICANT NEWS ON JOBS MARKET:
- Unemployment in Northeast Ohio's counties is measurably higher than last year but still lowest in Ohio- a trend expected to be attributed to the more stable employment bases of jobs in government, education and healthcare.
THIRD FRONTIER HAS HAD POSITIVE RESULTS- This $1.6B initiative aims to create opportunity in key Ohio key competitive sectors- Advanced and Alternative Energy, Biomedical, Advanced Materials, Instruments - Controls - Electronics, Advanced Propulsion THIRD FRONTIER BRINGS 22% ANNUAL ROI: "Ohio's investment into technology jobs has kept our state open for business," said Dorothy Baunach, special advisor to the Ohio Business Roundtable and president emeritus of NorTech, the Northeast Ohio Technology Coalition.