"There is no condition so severe that you cannot reverse it by choosing different thoughts. However, choosing different thoughts requires focus and practice. If you continue to focus as you have been, to think as you have been, and to believe as you have been, then nothing, in your experience will change." - Abraham Hicks "cards" click for Abraham Hicks Daily Quote
1. I don't know enough to have credibility. Read "Unstuck" by Keith Yamashita and Sandra Spataro for many excellent strategies many professionals use for inspiring creativity and forward progress. "Credibilility" works on a formula of Experience + Connections + Preparedness to use them. Social networking EXTENDS the business possibilities by multiplying the connections and preparedness to use them, you still need to bring the experience.
2. I don't have enough time or energy for extra effort to produce or document experiences. Check out Helping Friends Life Balance for Highly Effective People or WebGrlls by Jaime Chambron for ideas to build credibility in the virtual age.
3. I just don't know anyone. Here are Tips for bringing your best professional self, then choose to expand your Twitter in some interesting circles to meet and learn of alot of brainstorming resources. Be prepared to ask questions- who might know how to solve this? Who is best in thinking through this? Recent produtivity hints:
- @BillVick shared a great help guide @CoachDeb wrote for getting productive with Twitter http://TwitterHandbook.com
- @applemacbookpro shared ideas for brainstorming solutions and alternatives with a dictionary http://tinyurl.com/3vytan
- @jobs4friends shared Brazen Careerist for professional insight. Lots of professional development and coaching tips.
- Twitter search for others thinking of similar ideas for people you don't know. At the time of my search for "how" + "credibility" these were interesting