What is it that you Want to Achieve?
Why is it that you Want to Achieve It?
I choose this direction because when I accomplish this ___?
Much of our professional life is invested in a life balancing act of contrasting values. Some of the simplest and most elegant career alternatives that might be calling to us, unheard, because they were talking in a whisper, and overpowered by that louder more familiar noise.
Your answers do not need to be eloquent, or elegant... They simply are your desired outcomes. Consider this an exercise in visioning, and exploring what the ideal end state looks like. Over the years, we have seen many a brilliant professional attach so much focus, activity, and fear to "What they DON'T want to happen, that they neglect to define the case for what they will do when the DO want this to happen. It feels better to think of a successful outcome, and throughout history, it is those able to vision a situation uncommonly satisfying to their objective that improved their options tremendously.
"Extreme" Conscious Careering is a study in opposites, and a deliberate awareness of challenging our thoughts and actions to finding the myriad of positive options that exist for us. Some starter tips are here, we will be sharing more:
- "Feeling" good,is allowing good." If good and bad despite circumstances are both options, we can create, learn and appreciate, by identifying from this moment, the choices, and the milestones we will pass while achieving the end state objective.
- Absorb the experience and appreciate progress in yourself and others. We evolve by accepting progress more than feeling stuck. Try an exercise of "over-response" Trade some of your deadlines, fears and judgements of failure for being trapped in overly responsible demands to explore the gentler process of recognizing what is the more attractive, fulfilling, and rewarding outcome."
- "Progress" with a "Principle" is enjoying the positive action, rather than pushing out an unpleasant one. There are at least 5 alternatives we could explore that might be better than the approach, or results we would like to change. Challenge the thoughts, beliefs and limitations that start an automatic dance of "stuck". As a brilliantly conscious career agent, we have choices, and some of them involve choosing a more inspiring dance. We do not have to be unsensitive we simply have to be aware of our role, our choice, and our options. Not every song requires we dance, and we can challenge the rules, when we are conscious of them.
- Nourish yourself and others with the tools of optimism, options, and creativity. Let us be a better reminder of seeing the good intent and capabilities and reminding one another than keeping score of metrics that keep us feeling "stuck" in the illusion of not good enough. Optimistic thinking does not involve ignoring your feelings, but it does involve managing the choices we take as a result of feeling stuck. "Feeling" and "being" are not the same thing, but we forget conscious choice, when we get too busy with our dance.
- You have been productive far more than unproductive, so stop doing what you know is bad for you, and start being radical about meeting your conscious careering, "BEST" self! Stop chasing, comparing, judging, and assessing, and start appreciating, recognizing, and feeling progress.
- Connect to others who have accomplished what you aspire to do, and are willing to share and inspire. If your choice is "limitation" or possibility, choose the extra care option.
- Choose marketing, thoughts, objectives, and words that inspire and represent you, even by letting go of the lack, and attaching marketing agents that help you brand yourself.
- Do something each day that stretches you. Take the one super charge step that you typically like to avoid.