Helping Friends Career Network has traditional office and telecommuting or flexible working opportunities nationwide. Some of our hot telecommuting opportunities are in IT, Sales, Marketing, and Sarbanes Oxley/Financial Auditing.
If your company would like to explore listing jobs with flexibility, let us know and we can recruit for the experience professional with proven skills in any industry, working from home. Telecommuting need not be an all or nothing sort of strategy.
There ARE companies leading industry in their telecommuting practice-- because they can hire and solve problems from anywhere, expand their reach, and imagine saving thousands annually by being able to hire either for an office or the best talent from where they live!
Nice article "Some Companies Rethink the Telecommuting Trend" written by Sue Shellenbarger for the Wall Street Journal underscores an important notion as to companies who have embraced, but modified it's telecommuting strategies.
Work at home professionals are wise to plan and deliver requirements for keeping a productive telecommuting opportunity, the power of this article is in the practical tips for an individual to accomplish their telecommuting career.
This article's corporate perspective suggests a myriad of reasons for changing the telecommuting policy- some included worker abuse, bracing for a recession, aggressive new business requirements, lack of proven productivity, and relative greater ease with releasing a telecommuting employee than an office employee.
Tips for Corporate Telecommuting:
- One size strategy does not fit all. While telecommuting is not for everyone, it can be significant where the policy, expectation, and agreements are clear. rmLibrary has identified some excellent tools for calculating costs, creating agreements, managing risk, and implementing strategy.
- Telecommuting requirements should be clear in terms of schedule and performance expectations. It must establish the terms for allowing telecommuting. Some companies might explore telecommuting as an option with other work options - flex time, condensed work week (4, 10 hour days instead of 5, 8 hour days). WomenforHire.com has some advice for exploring options.
- ERE explored Inside Recruiting Telecommuting issues, some of the biggest issues are recognition, career pathing
- How and why develop skills to manage a distributed workforce? A LITTLE strategy can go a long way. Ask your recruiting team to help you create a strategy for attracting and retaining qualified work from home staff. The trick is in balancing the needs of a work from home employee and a traditional office employee. At the end of the day, it is about being effective in getting work done, whether in an office or in a Virtual Private Network from Home.
- What real savings exist? Recruiting suddenly opens a nationwide possibility, that can create local presence. Check out the WHAT YOU CAN DO to Take Action on Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth page. It's environmentally sound, Sun saves $63M in telecommuting benefits and has reduced the environmental CO2 emisions by 29K tons.
- Create a plan for bringing together the IT needs of a good telecommuting strategy-- connecting, visibility, security, information protection, etc. CIO.com featured tips a CIO must know about telecommuting.
Click to join Telecommuter_Professionals