Where am I and what steps can I take to feel better about my work? Queue background noise about current events, fears, limitations, and hopes.
Oh but it's pretty bad out there, what evidence do I have that this time, I could make the right decision to move my career to a happier place? Queue supporting feedback that justifies how stuck you are from former critics, historic evidence of your past failures in business..
I should feel bad, guilty or insane for trying to aspire a better me in this economy, project, environment, or responsibility. Rationalize that we have choices, and choose to either be happier in our ability to make choices, and appreciate the journey. OR Stop trying to take actions on the better vision, because evidence has shown the time is not right, you are not right, the mood is not right, or you just don't deserve it.
- Releasing a romantic attachment to how hard it is, creates the conditions for alternatives.
- There is always supply and demand, unless we attach too much to the lack of resource.
- Balance is found in healthy dreaming, and consciously realistic choice.
- There IS a way to choose a positive direction, despite the limitations at hand.
- Appreciating a possibility thinker on your life design board can go a long way.
- Value friends who offer realistic input when you need it.
- Embrace the positive choice in a negative message to be an advocate of possibility.
- Find the courage to articulate the positive values and opportunity, despite popular opinion.
- Do a little bit each day to stretch your comfort zone for what success looks like.
- What are you avoiding? Select actions out of procrastination and locked thinking.
Counterpoints to environmental buzz noise:
- Where thousands are unemployed on the news, remember you don't need thousands of jobs, you just need one.
- If your phone is not ringing, growth is still happening. Keep your mind on the prize, and the process will take care of itself. Focus on the lack, and the lack will multiply.
- The biggest resistence to your success is not external news.
- Happiness is created in a string of actions put together to create a sense of greatness.
- Where there is dis-ease, there is both limitation and possibility.
- What is it that I want to create?
- What does success look like?
- What alternatives exist for the "same old" approach?
- What will I need to be willing to release to accept this better place?
- What actions can I take to move away from my attachment to lack-- lack of support, response to my resume, my professional capabilities, my market demand, a bad management string?